There are tons of tablets in the market from different manufactures to select from, deciding which one to buy can be challenging. Every user has different needs and expectations when looking for a tablet, some users look for a powerful and productive gadget, others look for a gadget for entertainment purposes. Keep in mind that a fantastic tablet comes with innovating features, cutting-edge technology, and makes things easier and more enjoyable, if a tablet have all these characteristics, it’s a great choice.
This list will help you decide which tablets best fits your needs, by showing the best tablets of 2014, and it’s based on price, quality, and performance.
1. iPad Air
iPad has become probably the best tablet in the world for many reasons. The first, iPad was the first tablet that revolutionized the market with the first generation released back in 2010, that soon became the most popular option for millions of users for its simple, yet brilliant user interface and design. Second, with the new iPad Air, Apple posses one of the best panel displays with a resolution of 2048p x 1536p, at 264 ppi, featuring Retina Display Technology, which represents the Apples’s culture of stunning design. Third, the 64-bit architecture A7 processor packed into the ipad Air, is as powerful as a desktop’s processor, representing a great improvement in performance with less power consumption, with 10 hour battery life. Fourth, its sleek and lightweight design, makes it the perfect companion to carry while traveling or going out. Lastly, iOS 7 was design for iPad Air to run smother and fit perfectly; iOS7 comes with improved features with smarter multitasking capabilities and a intuitive control center.
Obviously there is room for improvement for the apples’s tablet with the upcoming generations as the iPad air 2, however, today, iPad Air is a great option to consider. There are many more great features for this tablet, but the following are its best features:
- A7 Chip with 64-bit Architecture combined with M7 motion coprocessor which makes it faster
- Apple iOS 7 the world’s most advanced mobile Operating System
- Retina Display 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- FaceTime HD Camera and 5 MP iSight Camera
- Built-in Apps, plus wide range of apps available in the App store.
- UltraFast Wi-Fi and LTE bands technology.
- Slim design which makes it one of the best tablets to carry in outdoor places.
Models and Prices
|16GB WiFi Cellular||$629|
|32GB WiFi Cellular||$729|
|64GB WiFi Cellular||$829|
|128GB WiFi Cellular||$929|
2. iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display
iPad mini 2 with Retina Display delivers the complete iPad air experience packed into a smaller form factor with a compact and crisp 7.9 inch Retina display. iPad mini offers mostly all the same features as the iPad air with some differences. First, iPad mini is amazing to hold with such a small size, being only .29 inch thin and weighs less than .73 of a pound, that makes it a truly portable device to carry everywhere. Second, despite its size, this small tablet features a powerful 64-bit architecture A7 processor, delivering the power of a desktop computer. Third, it’s amazing how this small tablet can be able to hold a crisp and brilliant resolution, even higher than the resolution of an HDTV; this tablet features 2048-by-1536 pixels screen resolution, at 326 ppi with Retina Display technology.
You’ll have the best experience when carrying the mini iPad to everyplace you go packing the best apps to help you stay organized and productive. The 5-megapixel iSight camera comes handy at capturing the best moments of your life, which then organizes your photos and videos into albums. Here are the best features of this tablet:
- Retina Display 7.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- A7 Chip with 64-bit technology combined with a clever M7 motion co-processor
- Apple’s iOS 7 the world’s most advance mobile operating system
- UltraFast Wi-Fi technology and LTE bands.
- Slim design which makes it one of the best tablets to carry in outdoor places
Models and Price
|16GB WiFi Cellular||$529|
|32GB WiFi Cellular||$629|
|64GB WiFi Cellular||$729|
|128GB WiFi Cellular||$829|
3. Surface Pro 3
Microsoft is back this time with the Surface Pro 3, a tablet that can replace your laptop, being one of the most powerful and productive tablets in the world. Surface Pro 3 can handle everything from web browsing, office suites, video editing, games, HD video, and much more. Microsoft worked hard to packed a fourth generation Intel Core i7 processor into a thinner and lightweight box, weighting only 800 grams (1.76 lb), with a larger 12 inch screen featuring crisper and brighter 2160 x 1440 screen resolution with a 3:2 aspect ratio. Multiple kickstand positions is a handy feature when working with the tablet in different position for more comfort, it also features a smart pen that lets you take notes in your own handwriting.
There is no other tablet that can offer the expansion options of the surface pro 3 tablet featuring MicroSD Card Reader to add more storage memory, USB 3.0 port to add external devices, Surface Ethernet adapter to connect the tablet to your network, Docking Station to connect all your favorite external devices to your tablet. So, this tablet has many points in favor to be one of the best tablet in the market with a somewhat high price, but it worth it. Here are the key features:
- 4th generation Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 Processor TPM Chip for enterprise security
- 12 inch ClearType Full HD Display
- 9 hours Battery life
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low energy technlogy
- 5.0 Megapixels front and rear camera
- Multiple Kickstand positions
- Full-size USB 3.0 and microSDXC card reader
- Windows 8.1 Pro operating system
- 800 grams weight
Models and Price
- Intel Core i3, 64 GB storage and 4 GB of RAM—$799
- Intel Core i5, 128 GB storage and 4 GB of RAM—$999
- Intel Core i5, 256 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,299
- Intel Core i7, 256 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,549
- Intel Core i7, 512 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,949
4.Google Nexus 7
Google claims this tablet to be the world’s sharpest 7″ tablet screen. As a proof for such claim, its screen resolution is a stunning 1080p HD IPS with 1920×1200 HD display (323 ppi) which displays vivid and brilliant images and videos in vibrant 1080p HD. It is one of the most affordable models of android tablets in the today’s market, though its features and overall performance are very impressive. It has an excellent build quality and the following are its best features:
- Brilliant 7.02″ 1920×1200 HD display (323 ppi) 1080p HD IPS
- Fast Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, 1.5GHz Quad Core Processor
- 16 to 32GB Memory Space
- 1.2MP front facing, fixed focus 5MP rear facing, auto focus
- Fits perfectly in your hand with excellent build quality
Model and price
16 GB WiFi = $229
32 GB WiFi = $269
32 GB Wifi +LTE = 349
5. Sony Xperia Table Z2
Sony presents this tablet as the slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet in the world At only 6.4 mm and less than 440 grams. It features a very powerful Quad-core processor with 2.3 GHz that can catch up to the performance of the best tablets in the market. It is such a great experience holding this tablet, it is best for entertainment purpose being a PlayStation certified tablet. Its flexibility is just great, it can be used as a laptop, TV, and even as a game console. The following are its best features:
- Powerful 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Quad-core processor accompanied by 3 GB of RAM memory
- Brilliant display resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels.
- Slimmest and lightest Waterproof tablet in the world
- Rear Camera featuring 8 MP with Exmor RS sensor
- It is a PlayStation certified tablet where the Sony’s PlayStation Suite can be accessed.
Model and price
32 GB = $600
16 GB = $500
6. LG G Pad 8.3
This is actually one of the most affordable tablets in the market. Some individuals claimed that LG created this gadget to provide a strong rival for the Apple’s IPad Mini 2. It features a fast quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor. It has a very impressive display quality with 1920 x 1200 pixels. And its metal back makes it one of the most comfortable tablets to carry in different places. LG G Pad 8.3 has the following features:
- Impressive 8.3” FHD IPS Display with 1,920 x 1,200 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7GHz quad-core processor
- Extended battery life with 4,600mAh battery which has a larger power capacity.
- True Multi-tasking with QSlide Function and SLIDE ASIDE
Models and price
16 GB = $329.99
7. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
The idea behind this tablet is to be the best productive tablet, obviously at this time is not the best out there, but it has been improving every feature with newer model. It is a very slim and light tablet featuring a stunning 10″ WQXGA Super clear LCD with 1600 x 2560 pixels, beautiful design accompanied with its famous stylus. Powered by a 1.9GHz Quad + Little core 1.3GHz Quad processor. It is a very productive tablet integrated with office applications to make your work even easier. here are its best features
- Octa processor with Big Core 1.9GHz Quad + Little core 1.3GHz Quad
- WQXGA Super clear LCD with 1600 x 2560 pixels resolution.
- A fun and intuitive way to surf around your device using the STYLUS.
- Rear CMOS, 8MP camera and CMOS, 2MP front camera.
Models and Price
16 GB = $549.99
8. Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7
The competition becomes more challenging for all the tablet’s manufacturers in the market because of the presence of this tablet. Kindle Fire versions remain strong and popular at the present time because of the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7. It is powered by a Quad-core Snapdragon Processor with 2.2 GHz with is fast enough to run almost any game and application.This tablet features stunning and brilliant screen resolution. In addition to that, it is very easy to use. This tablet falls in this position because is very limited to the Amazon world, there is not much flexibility in its operating system. Here are the features of this tablet:
- 7″ HDX display (1920×1200), high pixel density (323 PPI)
- The fastest processor on a 7″ tablet—powerful 2.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor
- It features the latest version of custom Amazon UI Fire 3.0 Android Jelly Bean
- A 720 pixel front camera.
- Fast and powerful WiFi and the latest LG technology
Models and Price
16 GB WiFi = $229
16 GB WiFi + 4G LTE = $329
32 GB WiFi = $269
32 GB WiFi + 4G LTE = $369
64 GB WiFi = $309
64 GB WiFi + 4G LTE = $409
These are the best tablets of 2014, featuring cutting-edge technology that have become essential tools for every aspect of life. There are great upcoming gadgets that will bring more innovative features to our lives.